Friday, October 22, 2010

SCBWI Mid-Atlantic Fall Conference

Tomorrow I'll join hundreds of children's book authors and aspiring authors for my first writer's conference. I will meet with Mary Quattlebaum, author of 18 award-winning picture books, poetry books, and middle grade novels, and she will give me feedback on my first manuscript, Flower Girl Princess. Needless to say, I am nervous and excited. So, I'm spending the evening crafting my pitch, revising my manuscript (again), and researching the faculty for tomorrow's fall conference. I will be posting a recap of my first conference experience in a couple of days--who I met, what Ms. Quattlebaum advised, and what I learned. Wish me luck...happy reading!

Always, Athena

1 comment:

  1. Hey Athena! How was the conference? What kind of feedback did you get about your manuscript? Did you take any pics? Hope you post about it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete